Resources Developed by NCR FSMA
Employee/Volunteer Training Guides
- Pre-Harvest, Harvest, and Post-Harvest Training Guides for employees and volunteers. You can find versions as a Powerpoint, PDF, or Publisher file. You can adapt the Powerpoints and Publisher files for your own farm.
- Tomato and Salsa Small Group Discussions. This includes a short video, maps of the farm, cleaning logs and records from the farm, and discussion questions.
- FSMA Compliant On-Farm Thermophilic Composting: A Safe Way to Enrich the Soil
- Bodily Fluid Clean Up on the Farm
- Domesticated Animals Factsheet- FSMA Produce Safety Rule
- Farm Stands and U-Pick Produce Operations Safety Best Practices
- Federal and State Regulations on Selling Fermented Foods
- Federal and State Regulations on Selling Frozen and Dehydrated Foods
- Federal and State Regulations on Selling Jams and Jellies
- FSMA Produce Rule Summary for Midwest Orchards
- Federal and State Regulations on Selling Pickled Vegetables
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule: Dealing with Wildlife
- Ensuring Food Safety: Wineries
- Ensuring Food Safety in the Vineyard: Table Grapes
- Ensuring Food Safety in the Vineyard: Wine Grapes
- FSMA Summary for Hops Growers
- FSMA Human Food Audit Checklist
- Checklist for Retail Purchasing of Local Produce
- FDA and USDA Organization Charts (just regarding food safety)
Checklists and Exemption Calculators
- Daily Pre-Harvest Checklist (PDF)
- Daily Pre-Harvest Checklist (Excel) ncr_pre-harvest_checklist.xlsx
- Exemption Envelope (front)
- Exemption Envelope (back) We can send you copies of this envelope if you contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fillable version of Exemption Envelope from K-State
- Food safety training videos in the Hmong language (subtitles in English). Four videos covering Good Agricultural Practices
Water Testing Labs in the Region
Water testing lab maps are updated by the map owner as needed. Resources that may help you create a map or assist in communication with the laboratories include:
- Michigan State University protocol Creating a Database of Water Quality Testing Labs (September 2018)
- Produce Safety Alliance fact sheet FSMA Produce Safety Rule Water Requirements: Insights to Get You Organized! (May 2019)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) Bridges publication Agricultural Water Testing and the FSMA Produce Safety Rule (Summer 2018, page 5)
- APHL Webinar Emerging Issue: Analysis of Agricultural Water and Spent Sprout Irrigation Water (April 2019) and associated Resources List. To access the archived webinar recording until April 2020, register here.
- Produce Safety Alliance fact sheet The Water Analysis Method Requirement in the FSMA Produce Safety Rule (April 2019)
Online quizzes about Value Added Products
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Resources Developed by Partner Organizations
This work is supported by the Food Safety Outreach Program [grant no. 2018-70020-28877] from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.