An Introduction to the Produce Safety Rule Coverage & Exemptions
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 – 3pm Central
This webinar is specifically for farmers who grow, harvest or pack fresh produce. You may have heard the terms FSMA, Food Safety, Produce Safety Rule, etc., and wondered, what do these mean, and how do they affect my farm? You may have also heard that produce farms are now regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, and have legitimate questions and concerns. This webinar will discuss how the new Federal produce safety laws may affect your farm, the steps you need to take now, and where to go for more information.
This one-hour webinar will help answer the following questions:
- Do the new Federal food safety laws affect me and my operation?
- What do I need to do now and in the future?
- How do I know if I am exempt or not?
- How do I know if I am eligible for a qualified exemption?
- How do I prepare my farm or processing operation for regulatory questions?
- What documentation is required to demonstrate my status?
Sponsored by Kansas State University and University of Missouri