FDA ORA’s Office of Training Education and Development has released a webinar from 2018.
The Extension Agents Produce Training Inspection Webinar is available for viewing on FDA’s YouTube at https://youtu.be/NWFQxJPIVPw and FoodSHIELD at https://www.foodshield.org/discover-tools-links/training-videos/extension-agents-produce-training-inspection-webinar/
This training webinar provides awareness of fundamental concepts of a produce farm inspection and provides helpful information to Extension Agents as they assist farmers in understanding the inspectional process. The following topic areas are discussed in the webinar:
- The basic training curriculum FDA and State regulators complete as they prepare to conduct a produce farm inspection
- FDA and State “Steps to prepare for a produce farm inspection”
- The inspectional approach used by FDA and States as they conduct produce farm inspections.
- A discussion regarding FDA and State definition of an egregious condition
- An approach to Inspectional outcomes & enforcement for produce farm inspections
- Listing of Produce inspection resources